- The only real reason your kids are not already well behaved.
- The way most parents talk to their kids, causing them to do exactly what you don’t want
- The crucial emotional bridge you MUST establish with your child before you try to change their behavior.
- The one word you are probably abusing, which triggers those awful temper tantrums
Watch this FREE video for important tips on how you can best communicate with your child and deals with your toddler’s behavior
Behavior is driven by Emotion,
NOT Logic. This is fundamental to everything, including understanding toddler behavior. Behavior, for any person of any age, is determined by their emotional state. People ACT from their emotions, and they later JUSTIFY their actions with logic. But small kids don’t have the ability to use logic, so they act purely from emotion. Keep this in mind when dealing with behavior in toddlers.
We tend to overuse the word “No” when we talk to our kids.
This causes problems with toddler behavior. You remember the story of the boy who cried wolf, right? The little shepherd boy was bored while watching the sheep so he decided to cry wolf and make the villagers come running. Before long, they stopped responding to his false cries. When a parent cries “No” at every little thing, kids stop listening. The parent’s cries fade into the background. Behaviour problems in children can stem from this caveat. I’ll teach you multiple ways to get what you want without screaming “NO” at your child – and it simply works better!
If you want to have any chance at all of influencing your toddler’s behavior, you MUST have rapport first.
Rapport simply means having an emotional connection to another person. I’ll show you how you can learn LOTS of ways to create this crucial emotional bridge before you deal with children behaviour problems.
- Learn this simple way to improve your success rate at getting your kids to listen and do as you ask.
- Discover the biggest common language mistake parents make. This mistake is actually causing your kids to do the opposite of what you want.
- Find out what technique most parents use far too often, making it almost completely useless. When you fix this mistake you’re going to get much better results!
- You’ll also receive a FREE subscription to my parenting tips newsletter ($47 value). The tips I send out are very different than anything you’ve seen. Thousands of parents have experienced the difference they make!
Make sure you check your “bulk”, “junk” or “spam” folders. Sometimes emails get mistakenly filtered.
Language is a powerful tool and there are a bunch of tactics you need to learn to create the outcomes you want. Here’s a specific tip: Use positive language instead of negative language. This is explained in detail either in the free audio lesson above, and in the video presentation.
influence the behavior of toddlers. I encourage all parents to read this. This material completely changes the way you look at parenting toddlers. Dealing with problem toddler behavior is one thing. But if you think longer term, you probably want your kids to have confidence, right? This article on raising self confident children was immensely popular.
I’ve also written another article called
Three Year Old Behavior that has generated a huge number of comments from readers. It goes through many of the most common toddler parenting issues you are probably facing. By learning the tools that I teach, you’ll start to learn how to solve these types of parenting problems easily, without thinking about it. Then you’ll say to yourself, “How cool … I can actually DO this stuff”. It feels good.
Learn how you’re making your child do the opposite of what you ask
Understand this crucial step to getting your child to behave