FREE Toddler Parenting Tips Presentation:
Unusual Tips to Effective Parenting
How to deal with behaviour problems in children
by Chris Thompson – Author, Parenting Expert and Certified NLP Practitioner
In this FREE presentation below, you’ll learn:
- The only real reason your kids are not already well behaved.
- The way most parents talk to their kids, causing them to do exactly what you don’t want
- The crucial emotional bridge you MUST establish with your child before you try to change their behavior.
- The one word you are probably abusing, which makes your children totally ignore you – and what to do instead.
|Parents Click Here for your FREE presentation with important tips on ways you can start communicating better with your child and dealing with toddler behavior.|
4 Facts You MUST Understand if you are Ever Going to Effectively Deal with the Terrible Twos or Children Behavior Problems
1. Behavior is driven by Emotion, NOT Logic. This is fundamental to everything, including understanding toddler behavior. Behavior, for any person of any age, is determined by their emotional state. People ACT from their emotions, and they later JUSTIFY their actions with logic. But small kids don’t have the ability to use logic, so they act purely from emotion. Keep this in mind when dealing with behavior in toddlers.
2. We tend to overuse the word “No” when we talk to our kids. This causes problems with toddler behavior. You remember the story of the boy who cried wolf, right? The little shepherd boy was bored while watching the sheep so he decided to cry wolf and make the villagers come running. Before long, they stopped responding to his false cries. When a parent cries “No” at every little thing, kids stop listening. The parent’s cries fade into the background. Behaviour problems in children can stem from this caveat. I’ll teach you multiple ways to get what you want without screaming “NO” at your child – and it simply works better!
3. If you want to have any chance at all of influencing your toddler’s behavior, you MUST have rapport first. Rapport simply means having an emotional connection to another person. I’ll show you how you can learn LOTS of ways to create this crucial emotional bridge before you deal with children behaviour problems.
Before we get to #4 if you didn’t do it already, make sure you sign up to get my free audio lesson teaching you 3 powerful language techniques you can use to inspire better behavior right now!
|Discover 3 Language Strategies You can Use Right Now for Better Child BehaviorFree Audio Lesson for Visiting ($9.95 value)
Just enter your first name and email below and the Free Audio Lesson will be instantly emailed to you. You’ll discover:
Make sure you check your “bulk”, “junk” or “spam” folders. Sometimes emails get mistakenly filtered.
[ois skin=”Landing page skin – first optin box”]
4. Language is a powerful tool and there are a bunch of tactics you need to learn to create the outcomes you want. Here’s a specific tip: Use positive language instead of negative language. This is explained in detail either in the free audio lesson above, and in the video presentation.
|Watch This FREE presentation with Toddler Parenting Tips for the Terrible Twos and Beyond.|
“It’s become integrated into my day to day”
“Your Guide is Almost Like a Magic Bullet”
“Using the Techniques and LOVE Them”
Here’s a great article I wrote on using distraction to change child behavior. I explain many of the subtleties involved, which I think you’ll enjoy. It’s a great example of a situation where a great day can start to turn sour because one kid gets bored and starts bugging a sibling. This is one of those situations that often results in a parent yelling at the child to behave better, and somebody usually ends up in tears by the end of the ordeal. No fun.
Here’s another article I wrote that explains one important language technique you can use right now to influence the behavior of toddlers. I encourage all parents to read this. This material completely changes the way you look at parenting toddlers.
Dealing with problem toddler behavior is one thing. But if you think longer term, you probably want your kids to have confidence, right? This article on raising self confident children was immensely popular.
I’ve also written another article called Three Year Old Behavior that has generated a huge number of comments from readers. It goes through many of the most common toddler parenting issues you are probably facing.
By learning the tools that I teach, you’ll start to learn how to solve these types of parenting problems easily, without thinking about it. Then you’ll say to yourself, “How cool … I can actually DO this stuff”. It feels good.
|Parents: This FREE Video Lesson will Help You Deal with the Terrible Twos and Child Behavior Problems|
More Parenting Articles I’ve Written:
“You Have Changed My Boy And My Life”
If you’re not already a subscriber of my FREE Parenting Tips Newsletter, make sure to sign up below to get all of my unique parenting tips with a special emphasis on how to use language and smart thinking to overcome child behavior problems, and more: